Friday, September 4, 2009

I made the right choice.

When I came to Minnesota in 1965, I had other job offers. In other parts of the country. I could easily have gone elsewhere. I was single. And so I had lots of freedom. Think of it. At times in our lives, we make pivotal decisions. We could go here or there. And if I had made a choice other than Minnesota, my life would have been quite different. Because I would have been plunked down in a situation with different circumstances and an entirely different cast of characters. Among other things, I would never have met Jeanne, the woman I loved and married for 38 years. Would I have linked up with someone else? Would my career have taken an entirely different turn? Chances are, I wouldn't be writing this blog. I might not even be alive. I'm thinking about writing an imaginative story. Speculating what would have happened if I had accepted another job offer instead. Anyway, I made the right choice. --Jim Broede

No comments: