Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Women are my favorite people.

I like women. I think women make best friends. Moreso than do men. Maybe I tend to trust women. Because I was raised primarily by a mother. Rather than a father. So, I suppose, I gained an early respect for woman. Some women have suggested that I'm too critical of women. That I even hate women. Perish the thought. It ain't true. But there have been occasional exceptions from the rule. No hate. But I've leveled criticism that has been misconstrued as dislike. Happened when I was a care-giver for my ill wife Jeanne. I started posting on the Alzheimer's message boards. Where I encountered special kinds of women. Care-givers. Very few men posted. It was 90 percent women. And I noticed that substantial numbers of these women felt sorry for themselves. They liked to hold pity parties. And I took issue with some of 'em. Thought they should learn to cope in other, more positive ways. Or at least try it. Some took umbrage. And that's how it started. The impression that I hate women. Just ain't so. Women are my favorite people. --Jim Broede

No comments: