Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'm open to a typing challenge.

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party. By golly, I must have typed that phrase 1,000 times. When I was a 12-year-old learning to type. So I could write stories for my neighborhood newspaper. I learned the two-finger method. Which I still use today. And I've been timed at 80 words a minute. Yes, with two fingers. When I was writing for newspapers, the curious would sometimes gather around. And watch me type. In my unorthodox and self-taught way. I'd like to think I'm one of the speediest two-finger typists around. I'm open to a challenge. Come and test me. --Jim Broede

6 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

There's another trick I can do. I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue. It's not easy. Try it. Many of you won't even come close. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Also, I can get into a squat position and balance my entire body on my hands. For an extended period of time. Maybe two or three minutes. Bet you can't do that.--Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I wish I could do a Russian dance. But at my age, I can't learn it. I'd throw out my back and maybe never walk again. Actually, I'm not a very good dancer, period. Hate to admit it. I can't sing, either. Can't even come close to carrying a tune. If people heard me try to sing, they'd cover their ears and run away and plead for mercy. I could use my singing voice as a lethal weapon. And threaten people with it. --Jim

Anonymous said...

And...we would want to do these things....why???

Broede's Broodings said...

I do some of this stuff just for the fun of it. Life doesn't always have to be taken seriously. I could touch the tip of my nose with my tongue as part of a comedy act. I think I could make a go of it as a stand-up comedian. Or as a comedy writer. Come on, folks, laugh it up a bit. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Oh, I'm a fun-loving guy. You know, this blog is a whole lot of fun. I'm having a ball. --Jim