Friday, October 23, 2009

That especially goes for love.

I like a decent day's work. And that means not doing too little or too much. Yes, there's a danger in doing too much. It's indecent. One should be nice to one's self. Not to become too tired or exhausted. Finding the right balance. If I'm gonna paint the interior of the house, for instance, I should define what I expect to accomplish today. A reasonable amount. And quit when I reach my goal, rather than push on. Leave something for tomorrow and the next day and next week, and even next month, if necessary. I was reared by a mother who liked to do too much. As I got older and became an independent thinker, I understood the folly of her ways. And I invented my ways. Better ways. At least for me. I learned to proceed at my own pace. Even in school. That made learning more enjoyable. Even made work more of a pleasure. I'm in no rush. I take time to savor whatever it is I'm doing and experiencing. And by golly, that especially goes for love. --Jim Broede

3 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

It's a good day when I stop and take a few moments out to reflect about how happy I am to be an alive and conscious being. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

In moments when I am most relaxed, it's almost like an out-of-body experience. I've transcended my physical being. A very nice feeling. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Tranquility. Serenity. Peace. That is the ultimate high. One can achieve it through the mind. Just by willing it. --Jim