Monday, October 5, 2009

Ways to become very happy.

Have to admit that I feel superior at times. It's a nice feeling. I don't mean superior to other people. But rather that I feel good. I don't get riled. Yes, I'm rather calm, cool and collected. And in love. Maybe that's the key. Being in love. Unhappy people aren't in love. Maybe that makes them less than superior. Unhappy people tend to get mad or angry over what I have to say. Because I try to remind them to find reason to be happy. And that galls some of 'em. If I tell them of my happiness, they get ornery. It's like saying I'm better than 'em. And I'm not. I'm just happier. More fortunate. Blessed. And they want to be blessed, too. They say life is unfair. That here's Jim, and he's happy. And he doesn't deserve to be happy. Or they suggest that I'm merely imagining that I'm happy. Even imagining that I'm in love. When really I'm a sad sack that nobody loves. Actually, it's a rather comedic scenario. Makes me laugh. And that tends to make me even happier. Yes, every day, I discover more ways to even become euphorically happy. --Jim Broede

5 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

Happiness. And how to achieve it. That's one of my favorite subjects. I wish colleges and universities would offer a degree in happiness. Maybe I could go back to school and get a Ph.D. in happiness. -Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

If you read my comments under the previous thread, you'll understand why I'm a very happy man, a very happy human being. To put it simply, I'm in love. And there's no better route to happiness. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Since I've fallen in love, I've also become a poet. And I'm living my finest poems. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Think about it. It would be wise if we all got on with our lives. By finding happiness. In love. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I think we all have many opportunities to love. To be loved. To fall in love. But maybe we don't do it. Because we don't know how. Or we aren't motivated. When I was younger, I had no clear understanding of love. Maybe I still don't. And I just fool myself into thinking I do. But if that's the case, it's good enough for me. Because I'm really enjoying it. The feeling. The aliveness. The wonder. --Jim