Monday, November 23, 2009

Believe it or not.

I truly do not like being a jerk. But when I'm confronted by a jerk, I often find that the best way to deal with him/her is to become a jerk myself. Because if you are too nice to a jerk, he/she will take advantage of you. So you treat him/her like a jerk. And that requires one to become a jerk. But when I'm finished, I try to step out of the role, and revert to being a nice guy again. So in reality, I spend most of my time as a very nice guy. Believe it or not. --Jim Broede

4 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

I like to think in unconventional ways. Just to see where it takes me. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

When it comes down to it, I tend to treat people similar to the way they treat me. If they're nice, I'm nice. If they'te not too nice, I might still be nice. For a while. If they persist in not being nice, I may counter in a less than nice manner. Or more likely, I may just ignore 'em. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Chances are, if I'm rude to someone, they've been rude to me. Multiple times. I often turn the other cheek. A time or two. Maybe the third time, I slap right back. Hard. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

And if they slur me with outright lies, I often ignore it. Unless they repeat it over and over and over again. Maybe thinking it's true because I haven't refuted. But just simply ignored. The snob ladies, for instance, have been known to repeat crap upon crap upon crap. It's the same thing politicians do. Especially Republicans. Keep repeating an outlandish lie. They don't know when to stop. And each time the lie becomes bigger and bigger. --Jim