Thursday, November 26, 2009

I am quite imperfect, am I not?

Incredible. I've stumbled across a friend, another human being, I don't want to change. Imagine that. Accepting someone. Totally. Warts and all. As is. Of course, plenty of people want to change me. That's understandable. Because I have the devil in me. And I accept that. But it's part of human nature to want to change, to shape up, even the best of us. Humans have always wanted to change one another. At least in small ways. The hard part is finding another you can accept. Totally. Without change. Truly love. Unconditionally. Yes, it's a rare feat among the human species. I never expected to be able to do it. And not just once. But twice in a lifetime. I've finally achieved what I once thought was impossible. For the second time. And I don't expect a quid pro quo. Meanwhile, it's all right if my beloved wants to change me. In overt or subtle ways. I can accept that. With good reason. I perceive such changes as positive. After all, I am being made into a better human being. And I know my sweet love has a mammoth task ahead. After all, I am quite imperfect, am I not? --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I think there's a kind of perfection in imperfection. That makes me feel perfectly imperfect. --Jim