Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A useful and positive purpose.

I find it easiest knowing myself. Rather than another being. Because I am able to look into myself. See inside myself. Penetrate my own mind. But when I look into other minds, it's more guesswork. More speculation. More room for error. Of course, I can make errors about myself, too. I can even lie to myself. But when I'm honest, I know it's a lie. And then it becomes an intentional lie. With a reason. And therefore, it may not be a lie. Because it serves a useful and positive purpose. --Jim Broede

3 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

Can one survive by always telling the truth? --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

That raises the question, what is the truth? --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Possibly, the truth is our most elusive commodity. --Jim