Sunday, November 29, 2009

With great pleasure.

The most amazing discovery of my life. It's gotta be the ability to fall in love. Of course, my initial discovery. Maybe at age 3 or 4. Was the discovery that I'm alive. Conscious. Aware. That I exist. But I took my presence in the physical world rather matter-of-factly. Because I really didn't know it was so amazing. It just was. I'm told that I arrived on Earth at 10:16 p.m. on 9/11/35. But to the best of my knowledge, I still didn't have consciousness. Maybe I didn't yet even have a soul or a spirit. Could be. I still wonder about it. Maybe my inner being didn't arrive until a year or two or three later. After it was determined that my body was fully capable and equipped to contain a soul. Could be my soul, my very essence so to speak, was shopping around for a place to land. Maybe I had choices. I could just as easily have ended up in an empty body in Asia, Africa or Europe. Finally, I decided to become a Broede. In Chicago, of all places. Turns out to have been a wise choice. I have no regrets. It's been a wonderful adventure. Here on this planet Earth. I suspect I could just as easily have ended up on another planet in another universe in another dimension in another time. I took a risk. A gamble. And it's paid off. Yes, because I discovered I had the ability to experience falling in love. Not once. But twice. That, more than anything, has made life worthwhile. When my soul eventually returns to wherever it came from, I'll reflect on the experience of love. With great pleasure. --Jim Broede

6 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

I suspect that one's physical being wears out. Deteriorates. Dies. But that one's essence, one's soul, lives forever. The soul is indestructible. A piece of god. --Jim Broede

Broede's Broodings said...

I think I'm still fine-tuning my soul. That may be the primary mission of life. Fine-tuning the soul. Making it better on each go-around. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

The nice thing is that one has forever to fine-tune the soul. Because that's the way god would have it. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Life is the unending and impossible quest for perfection. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

It's the quest that counts. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Even failure is a good thing. Because failure becomes an opportunity for a learning experience. --Jim