Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Yule spirit. American-style.

Ah, a time to revel in the Christmas spirit. In Washington, D.C. Our nation's grand capitol. In the halls of the U.S. Senate. A late night session. Opened with a 2-minute prayer (way too long) and the pledge of allegiance. And then our beloved senators went into acrimonious debate over health care reform. And I thought, what a wonderful Christmas spirit. Of course, I'm being sarcastic. I'm ashamed of the U.S. Senate. Makes me anything but proud to be an American. I'd trade the whole bunch of our politicians for a partridge and a pear tree. Yes, it was 60 Democrats versus 40 Republicans. No civility. And one harangue after another. They've decided to extend the bickering into Christmas Eve. So they can shout angry tidings. Such as ''Bah, Humbug!!!" Ah, yes, the Yule spirit. American-style. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I think that if I had to choose between a partridge and a pear tree, I'd take the pear tree. I'd be able to eat the fruit for a long, long time. But I wouldn't want to eat the partridge. I'd make a pet of it. But I have two cats now. And they suffice. They are wonderful pets. So I don't need more and more. I appreciate what I have. --Jim