Monday, December 7, 2009

A formula for loveable winners.

The Chicago Cubs are trying to trade outfielder Milton Bradley. Because he has what's commonly perceived as a bad attitude. He gripes a lot. And he was suspended by Cubs management for the last 15 games of the season. Anyway, I like Bradley. I think he's a good ballplayer. And I'd keep him around. Personally, I think many of the Cubs players have bad attitudes. Bradley isn't much worse than some of the others. The Cubs really need a team psychologist or psychiatrist. Many of the players are mental cases. And hey, baseball is largely a mental game. If your mind isn't into it, even the most talented players fail. With the right mental coaching, the Cubs could be a good team. And Bradley could be one of the team's best players. Yes, if I was running the show in Chicago, my top priority would be the hiring of a team psychiatrist. Do it, Cubs. Keep Bradley. Instill a winning attitude. And the Cubs will finally become loveable winners. --Jim Broede

No comments: