Sunday, December 13, 2009

I'm full of surprises.

I've decided to paint the interior of my house. Every inch of it. Except for the wood-paneled walls. And I'll use white texture paint. And I'll do it a little bit at a time. Something every day, Even if it's only a few square feet. But daily action. That's needed. That'll get the job done. Maybe it'll take 100 days. Or 200 days. Whatever. But never miss a day. That's the secret. Dogged determination. I exercise every day, too. A minimum six miles of brisk walking. Doesn't matter if we have a snowstorm. Or 30-below-zero. I'm out. Suitably dressed, of course. And speaking of suitably dressed. I've decided to iron my clothes. And other things, too. Like the bed sheets. And towels. Daily. I've set up an ironing board in the bedroom. The steam iron on the ready. With a good supply of distilled water. Doesn't take long. To do the little things. That make me feel good. As if I'm getting something accomplished. I also read books and newspapers. Daily. And I write. Daily. And I do unexpected things, too. Daily. I'm full of surprises. --Jim Broede

2 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

Obviously, I like to stay active. On the move. One must keep using body and mind, or risk losing it. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I especially like to exercise my mouth. It's in good shape. I could yap 24 hours a day if I had to. --Jim