Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I've left my heart in Chicago.

I'm really not a very loyal Minnesotan. Especially when it comes to football. I'd rather see the Minnesota Vikings lose than win. Because I'm partial to Chicago. And the Bears. Minnesota is having a good season. And the Bears a very bad season. But last night, my Bears beat the high-flying Vikings in overtime. How sweet it is. I know that may wreck Minnesota's chances of getting a good seed in the play-offs. But hey, that's all right. I have no allegiance to Minnesota. When it comes to sports, I've left my heart in Chicago. Where I was born. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

But I have to give credit to Minnesota for tending to be more liberal than conservative when it comes to politics and social issues. Little wonder that I've settled in Minnesota. --Jim