Saturday, December 12, 2009

Through time. Through life.

I suspect I was born without a soul. It wasn't until a year or two after I climbed out of the womb that my soul found me. And landed inside. Somewhere. Can't tell if it's located in my noggin'. Or in my little finger. Or even in my ass. Doesn't matter. Just as long as I have a soul. With the arrival of my soul, I became aware of my physical being. For the first time. Before that, I was merely a robot. No more alive than a cat or a dog. Souless, so to speak. Therefore, if I had been aborted, or died before my soul was implanted, it would have been no big loss. In a sense, I was not alive. Not yet living. Because of the absence of a soul. Most likely, my soul would have landed in some other place. Another physical body. From which my soul could operate. Could nurture itself. Could cultivate relationships with other souls in other human species in the cosmos. My soul keeps discovering the dimensions of love. A way to live. And to prosper. Spiritually, really. Love does the trick. When I'm in love, my soul feels good. So very much alive. Fulfilled. As if I'm doing the right thing. Communing with a holy spirit. My soul provides me with consciousness. Awareness. Without a soul, I'd be an empty vessel. My essence is my soul. When my physical being dies, my soul will still live. And I'll find another place to land. To continue my journey. Through time. Through life. --Jim Broede

18 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

If one isn't necessarily born with a soul, maybe it can be argued that life doesn't begin at conception. That it begins at the moment when the soul is united with the physical being. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

One is unaware of death until the soul is activated. Without a soul, one has no knowledge of death. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

The soul inherently knows it will reside in a human body only temporarily. Until death. At which time the soul moves on. For its next mission. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

A soul also can choose not to exist. Or to go into a state of limbo. --Jim

Anonymous said...

What in the world are you drinking tonight?!

Broede's Broodings said...

A nice big glass of cold fat-free milk. And a cookie. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I think that when one's soul leaves a physical body, it lives outside of time. In the same place as god. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Try to imagine what it must feel like to live outside of time. Something akin to forever, isn't it? A physical being can't live forever. But a soul can. Therefore, a soul is not physical. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Is a thought physical? --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Is it necessary to be a physical being to have a thought? --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

By the way, what is a thought? --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

How does a soul talk if not imbedded in a physical container? --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Is there a language of the soul? --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Can we be sure that the soul exists? --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Is life an illusion? --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

A soul enters a body to experience the concept of death. Because outside of a body a soul is only capable of experiencing life and foreverness. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

In a sense, a soul can't escape life. Unless it has the option of experiencing death. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I see you put my brain in the plural. So you give me credit for having 2 or more brains. A brain to spare, I suppose. If you need a brain transplant -- well, you should be so lucky. I suspect that my head wasn't big enough to hold so many brains. My ass is bigger. And that provides the needed space for my brains. At least the good lord had sense enough to improvise when he blessed me. By the way, people who are humble tend to have small heads. Have you noticed? I am quite humble. --Jim