Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Very sad, isn't it?

I am opposed to the death penalty for all crimes. At least theoretically. But there are circumstances under which I might kill someone. In self-defense. Or to save someone's life. As for abortion, I'm not sure about whether that's taking someone's life. Depends on how one looks at a fetus. I'm not even sure I had a soul at the moment I was born. It may have been inserted into my physical being a year or two after I was born. I think if I were a woman, I'd avoid the option of abortion. But I'm not a woman. So, thank gawd, I don't have to make the choice. I don't envy any woman that has to choose. It's a true moral dilemma. One that is very, very personal. I'm certainly pleased and happy that I wasn't aborted. But I probably know a few people that wish they had been aborted. Or that I had been aborted. Very sad, isn't it? To not savor and enjoy and appreciate one's life. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

Yes, it's an interesting and perlexing question. When does life really begin? One can look at it in many different ways. --Jim