Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Watching with interest.

I have a feeling that my Chicago Cubs aren't going to make many changes this off-season. They'll moreorless stand pat. Maybe do a little tweaking. I thought the Cubs should have done much better last season. But due to off-years by some players and a rash of injuries, they finished second in their division. A disappointment. Because they had been picked to easily win their division. I think the players went into a mental funk. And my guess is that with some attitude readjustments, they could rebound next season. Also, I'd like to see the Cubs bring up young players from the minor leagues. Hoping that one or two of 'em have break-out seasons. I like a team in which the expectations aren't overly high. But a team that plays hard and smart baseball. Ah, spring training opens in two months. And I'll be there. Watching with interest. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

The Cubs are considering moving their spring training base to Naples in Florida. That would disappoint me. I much prefer Arizona over Florida in the springtime. Besides, I have a place to stay in Arizona. --Jim