Saturday, January 23, 2010

Finding something to savor.

I find refuge in tiny, out-of-the-way corners of Mother Earth. So far, so good. Initially, in Chicago, where I was born. Then relatively small towns in Wisconsin, Florida, New York, Colorado and Minnesota. In addition to Germany. Maybe that's why I'm well-adjusted. Really. I hide away in rather remote areas. Where, if I choose, I can ignore the conflagrations going on in the rest of the world. Even right here in the United States. I just moreorless mind my own business. Oh, I spout off. Express my opinions. But in harmless ways. I haven't been sued or sent to jail. I have a few friends. Including a lovely and talented and intelligent girlfriend. So that's about all I need in life. A few intimate contacts. And good health. I used to think I could change the world. When I was young and naive. Of course, I know better now. I accept the world for what it is. And make the best of it. By picking my spots. Carefully. And living life one day at a time. Always finding something to savor. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

A recent national poll shows that Americans are becoming isolationists. A majority want us to mind our own business and focus on our own domestic issues. --Jim