Monday, January 11, 2010

Annoyed with my sub-conscious.

I have a recurring dream. That I'm working for a newspaper. But I've run out of things to write about. And it's terribly frustrating. I suspect that maybe I'm just lazy. I can't get motivated. Maybe it was boredom. I was cleaning out my desk. Just to stay busy. Like I had to be doing something. And I was thinking maybe I needed a change in beat. Something to stimulate me. Because I wasn't stimulating myself. When I woke up, I felt relieved. Because the dream made me feel uncomfortable. And I understood it was only a dream. But I've had similar dreams over the years. Maybe I'm telling myself something. Maybe I'm supposed to do more with my life. But consciously, I keep telling myself that I've got to savor life. Take it slow and easy. Don't mind being a bit lazy. But maybe my sub-conscious is telling me something different. If so, I'm a bit annoyed with my sub-conscious. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I find that as I get older, I get more comfortable with myself. --Jim