Sunday, January 24, 2010

Do you ever fret?

Hey folks, are you reasonably happy with your lives? Yes, not everything has gone the way you would have liked. Right? But things aren't too bad. You've got a good life going. But tell me, what would make you more happy? You don't have to answer that for me. But it's an interesting question, isn't it? I could pose the same question to myself. And I'm not sure how I'd answer it. Because I'm trying to be satisfied with what I've got. Satisfied in the sense that I'm reasonably happy. I enjoy living. From day to day. In large part because I have love in my life. Oh, I could say it'd be nice to be younger or to have more money or to be a better writer. But none of this is essential. I can still be quite happy without being younger and without more money and without more writing skills. By just savoring what I've got at the moment. And not wishing that I had more. Albeit, I intend to keep honing my writing skills. I'm happy enough that I don't sit down and fret about what I don't have. Anyway, what about you? Do you ever fret over what you don't have? --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

The most important thing is that I have life. If not for life, I would have nothing. --Jim