Monday, January 25, 2010

To savor & cherish a moment.

I enjoy a sporting event in a relaxed way when I'm not so emotionally involved. Maybe that's the best way. Because then I can analyze the event in a fairly objective way. I'm not firmly committed to one team or the other. But if I'm a diehard fan of a particular team, I'm subjective about it. I desperately want my team to win. And if my Chicago Cubs or Chicago Bears lose a tough game, I might be upset. Emotionally distraught. And I'll brood over missed opportunities. And raise all sorts of 'what ifs...' But there's also a plus if my team wins. Especially a championship game. Then there's a euphoria. Great pleasure. The opportunity to savor and cherish a moment for the rest of my life. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

Minnesota Vikings fans are in anguish today. Because the Vikings lost a game that would have sent them to the Super Bowl. And what's hardest to take is that the Vikings blew many opportunities that would have won the close game. Sometimes for diehard fans, it's easier to take a one-sided loss. The close games break so many hearts. But hey, ultimately it's only a meaningless game compared to other things in life. --Jim