Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Doing what comes naturally.

I'm amazed. At actors. Especially Shakespearean actors. And how they master an entire script. I'd never be able to do it. Even if my life depended on it. I'd never be able to learn my lines. Let alone, act 'em out. Maybe that's the problem. I'd be unable to fully feel the part. Isn't that what an actor must do? Really live the part. Then it would be easier to get on stage and become lost in the role. And maybe not even be aware of the audience. Albeit, life is acting, in a sense. And I find that easy. Because I'm playing myself. And I write the script as I go along. Doing what comes naturally. I suppose I could pretend to be someone else. But that would be difficult. I'd have to fake it. Unless, of course, I had the genius of an actor. Anyway, guess I'd just prefer being myself. --Jim Broede

Click on this to get a sense of doing what comes naturally:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDrQz4RVLi4

No comments: