Wednesday, February 24, 2010

How's that for an ice-breaker?

I could get up on stage. And do a monologue. Without any preparation. Just talk and talk and talk. And be rather entertaining. Quite possibly, by making a fool of myself. I think that would be highly entertaining. Funny. I'd come off as strange. Quirky. In my younger days, I would have suffered from stage fright. Because I didn't want to be a fool. Fearing I was unprepared. But now I'm prepared for almost anything. I can handle it. I can have fun. With myself. And with others. I'm really a loner. Preferring to be by myself. Or with one other. But I can be very sociable, too. Because I'm curious. I like to know other people. Engage them in conversation. To learn what makes 'em tick. Often, they don't know. Because they haven't thought about it. So I might ask 'em pointblank: What makes you tick? How's that for an ice-breaker?--Jim

No comments: