Friday, February 26, 2010

I ain't gonna put things off.

I don't like getting ahead of myself. Such as thinking about what I'm gonna do next week or next month or next year. Because then I'm living too much in the future. A time to come. And I lose track of today. Making the most of the moment. Maybe it's just that I'm getting older. And if I think too far ahead, I start to imagine not being around any more. Hey, in 20 years I'm gonna be 94. If I live that long. Of course, that's highly unlikely. Maybe such a thought is an advantage. It prompts me to make the most of today. Because I might not be here tomorrow. Anyway, maybe that's why god blessed us with knowledge of death. That we are gonna die. Sooner or later. So live while one still has the opportunity to live. Yes, savor life. If life lasted forever, maybe we'd be inclined to put off everything until tomorrow. I ain't gonna put things off. --Jim Broede

No comments: