Saturday, February 27, 2010

I'm for all of us pitching in.

I want big government to take care of the basic necessities of my life. So that I can spend my time on other things. Such as becoming a poet and philosopher and lover. If I have to focus on the basics -- well, I won't have time for the pursuit of happiness. In other words, I want government to give me a decent public education. And health care. And social security to help me in my retirement years. I don't wanna have to struggle through life. And hey, it's all right for government to take a goodly chunk of my income to provide the basics. I'm willing to pay taxes. As long as others pay their fair share, too. Especially the rich. I'm willing to help support people poorer than me. And in turn, those richer than me probably will end up supporting me to a degree. By paying more taxes than me. That's fair, isn't it? I'm not for a free ride. I'm for all of us pitching in. To serve the common good. --Jim Broede

No comments: