Sunday, February 21, 2010

On being quirky.

I've been called quirky. I think that's a fair description of me. Really, it's probably applicable to most people. We all have quirks in our personalities. Things that make us a bit unusual. With me, it's obvious. I let my quirks hang out. I don't hide 'em. I put my quirks on display right here in this blog. I like to be quirky. I consider it a compliment to be called quirky. I've never had any overwhelming desire to be like other people. I'd rather be different. I'd rather not fit in. I like going against the grain. To be considered an outsider. Or a lone wolf. I could live on a desert island for an extended period. And find happiness there. But still, I'm flexible. I can fit in. And often enough do. Yes, I can be very sociable. Aloof, too. Unpredictable. Quirky. --Jim Broede

No comments: