Monday, February 8, 2010

The pursuit of happiness.

When it comes to social, political and economic issues, many of us don't become informed. And I suspect the reason is lack of time. We're too busy just surviving. Getting by in life. Going to work daily. Raising a family. And trying to cram in leisure time. In order to keep one's sanity. Too many things to do. So we have to set priorities. And let some things slide. So we skim over issues. We form opinions based on limited information. Often, on mere sound bites. Or on negative political ads. Sad, isn't it? I'm as guilty as anyone. I don't pay attention any more to the local city council and school board. Don't even bother to vote. Because I'm not informed on the issues and the candidates. And I'm retired. So I probably have more time than employed people. But still, I have more important things on my agenda. Such as pursuing a loving relationship. Guess that's what life is really all about. The pursuit of happiness. --Jim Broede

No comments: