Sunday, February 14, 2010

Reason to live to age 200.

My Chicago Cubs won't be favorites in the National League Central division this season. And I sort of like that. Some sportswriters pick them to finish as low as third or fourth. Last year, the Cubs were favorites to win it all. And they disappointed. Now the expectations are lower. And I think that's more incentive. And less pressure. I think that last season many of the Cubs players assumed they were so good that they only had to go through the motions. After all, they had won 97 games the season before. Turns out they won only 83 games, and finished 9 games behind St. Louis. The Cubs haven't won a World Series since 1908. I want to live long enough for them to do it again. Might mean I have to live to the ripe age of 200. --Jim Broede

No comments: