Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Moments when I'm not full of crap.

I write crap. Lots of it. But that doesn’t bother me. Because I’m also trying to write something better than crap. Of course, often enough, I miss the mark. And it turns out to be crap. But hey, how else does one learn? Other than by putting forth some degree of effort. To elevate the writing to a higher level. I try to make writing easy. When really it isn’t. Maybe I’m lazy. It’s so much easier to produce crap. I’ve received advice from other writers. And usually, it boils down to: Just write. Even if it’s crap. So that’s what I’m doing. My blog. Yes, it’s full of crap. But maybe not totally. Sometimes, one can find a speck of quality in a pile of crap. I write pretty much as I live. Feeling my way. Experimenting. Making mistakes. And then trying to correct the errors of my way and turning them into actual learning experiences. I take crappy situations, and turn ’em into moments of delight. Moments when I feel I’m not full of crap. –Jim Broede

No comments: