Monday, April 5, 2010

A nice, good kind of crazy.

Yes, I'm a romantic idealist. I believe in fairy tales. In loving relationships. In the impossible. I even believe it's possible to walk on water. If only one sets his mind to it. And truly believes. I guess I don't believe to that extent yet. The walking on water bit. I have an iota of doubt. But I would like to. I would like to believe in god. And in everlasting life. And in a spirit world. I definitely do believe in love. Because I've experienced it twice in my life. And I'm living it now. I believe I am an alive and thinking being. And that's miraculous. Incredible. I believe in life on other planets in this amazing cosmos. I'm on planet Earth. And the fact that we have a planet Earth. That's incredible. And that there's abounding life. Squirrels. Chipmunks. Rabbits. Giraffes. Lions. Zebras. So many forms of life. So many ideas. So many thoughts. So many possibilities. And I'm a part of all this. This wonderful crazy world. Little wonder that I'm crazy. Crazy Jim. In a crazy world. I love it. Because maybe I'll discover that all things are possible. And that maybe some day I'll walk on water. I know no limits. Because I've got the grandest gift, the grandest blessing of all. I know there is such a thing as love. Beyond a doubt. That even surpasses the feat of walking on water. I'm Crazy Jim and I'm getting crazier every day. Maybe you should try going crazy, dear readers. You might like it. It's really better than sanity. I hereby publicly proclaim that I have gone beyond being just a romantic idealist, a liberal, a free-thinker and a lover. I'm also crazy. A nice, good kind of crazy. --Jim Broede

No comments: