Sunday, May 9, 2010

I know what really matters.

I really need only two things in life to make me happy. Good health. And love. Maybe in that order. If I have good health, I can always make a living. By writing. Or whatever. Even hard labor. And I also can pursue love. Doesn't necessarily mean that I'll always find it. But much of the fun is in search of love. I really don't need many material possessions. It's nice to have a roof over my head. And adequate food. Again, I can get that if I have good health. I can always find a way. Oh, I've accumulated some things. To excess. But I can let that stuff go. And still be happy. The only thing I don't want to surrender is good health. I suspect that goes for most people. And that's why I'm a proponent of universal health care. I know what really matters. --Jim Broede

No comments: