Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A round-the-clock silence channel.

I'm awake. Almost all night. With a bad cold. A cough. So I switch on the TV. The news. A big mistake. It's gawd-awful. Worse than my blog. Not necessarily the news per se. But the inane way it's presented. One has to fill up air time. A 24-hour cycle. And eventually one runs out of things to say. So it's babble, babble, babble. There must be a better way. To fill up time. I have a suggestion. Try silence. An hour of silence. Maybe two. Or three. Time to think. To ponder. To brood. Let us fill up the time with our own creative thoughts. Maybe I'll form a new cable channel. The Silent Channel. Nothing but silence. For 24 hours a day. Round-the-clock silence. --Jim Broede

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could just turn it off.

Broede's Broodings said...

Good idea. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

On the other hand, it would be nice to hear a captivating presentation of the news, so I could get my mind off the miserable cold. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I finally decided to go for a walk. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Then I came home, sat down in a rocking chair, and read a book. --Jim