Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fortunately, not too late.

I used to have daily deadlines. That was my life as a writer for newspapers. Deadlines. An allotted time. To get things done. In some ways, that's good training. But it's not the best way to live. I prefer a life without deadlines. To be able to proceed at my own pace. Writing comes much easier that way. Life, too. I see so many people in a hurry. Maybe it's a case of taking on too many responsibilities. Too many obligations. I started slowing down after I retired. And I discovered a new way of life. I should have been living this way right from the beginning. At a leisurely pace. No rush. Seems to me that many of us are in a rat race. We're trying to do too much. Too fast. I wasn't born to race. But I didn't know that until later in life. Fortunately, not too late. --Jim Broede

No comments: