Thursday, June 24, 2010

Learning to love your enemy.

Seems that war has become second nature for the USA. I wonder what it'd feel like to not be at war. I suspect that America was created to be at war. Righteous wars. And not so righteous wars. We're in the ninth year of war in Afghanistan. I've never been there. And never want to be. Got better places to go. Maybe even to hell. I'm still trying to figure out why we have troops in Afghanistan. Something like 100,000. Maybe it's to give Afghans freedom. A taste of our democracy. The American way. I don't know. I hear that maybe we are there to demonstrate to Afghans how to defend their country. By killing people. And one way to do that is to wage war. But I think I have a better idea. I'd tell Afghans not to follow our example. Instead, try waging peace for a change. Learn to love your enemies. Seems to make more sense than killing 'em. --Jim Broede

No comments: