Monday, June 21, 2010

I'll send 'em to the crying room.

I tend to alienate crybabies. Initially, at least. But I suspect that alienation can reap benefits. Gets crybabies to think. That maybe tears are unnecessary. Used to be that my granddaughter cried. When we had her over. And she didn't get what she wanted. So I sent her to the crying room. And I said she could cry all she wanted. All day. Even all night. And I suggested that when she was all-cried-out, that she come and join us again. And we'd have some fun. Tell you what. It worked. Didn't take long for the tears to dry up. I know lots of crybabies. Even adult crybabies. People who feel sorry for themselves. They want pity parties, where they are allowed to cry. Well, they're welcome to come to my place. I'll send 'em to the crying room. --Jim Broede

No comments: