Sunday, June 27, 2010

I'm gonna stand by my principles.

Seems to me we have a society that keeps becoming more and more emboldened. And that's because there are so many opportunities to spout off anonymously. On the Internet, for instance. People don't use their real names anymore. So naturally, they aren't afraid to make asses of themselves. If they used their real names, they'd be more cautious. They wouldn't play so lose with the facts. As for me, I'm not afraid to use my name. Because I have the courage of my convictions. And if I'm gonna call somebody out, they have a right to know who I am. I'm accessible. That's been my nature throughout life. People tell me that we live in a dangerous society. And that's all the more reason to hide our identity or our whereabouts. But I believe in good communication. In accessibility. In dialogue. In honest personal relationships. That's the way I was raised. And educated. By golly, I'm gonna stand by those principles. --Jim Broede

No comments: