Friday, June 18, 2010

A new & more disgraceful status.

I wonder if there's a profession more lowly than that of politician. Probably not. I think I'd rather be the village idiot than a politician. Albeit, some village idiots have been elected to public office. Yes, they've become politicians. I've spent much of my life as the village idiot. And I got elected to the school board. So I know of what I speak. But after one term in office, I quit. And I never ran again. I came to my senses. Learned my lesson. Besides, I couldn't stand the shame. I'd rather be a scumbag than a politician. That would move me up a notch. Make me feel a little bit better about myself. I'd find it hard to live with myself if I were a politician. It'd bother my conscience. To know that I've sunk to a new and more disgraceful status. --Jim Broede

No comments: