Saturday, June 26, 2010

Politics: Everything that's bad.

When I was educated, I was taught to be objective. When I went to work for newspapers, that was the way I was supposed to write. Objectively. Fairly. And then I started covering politics. And I discovered that politicians were the most unobjective people I'd ever met. They were very partisan. Very subjective. Anything but objective. That always seemed rather strange to me. Seems to me that government should be run objectively. And fairly. But it ain't. Not by a longshot. Government is run so poorly. With an alarming lack of objectivity. Politics. With no sense of fairness. No sense of the common good. It's corrupt. It's gawd-awful. It's shameful. Everything that's bad. It's all wrapped up in our political systems. --Jim Broede

No comments: