Thursday, June 17, 2010

A sign that we're going to hell.

Leave it to a Republican to feel sorry for British Petroleum (BP). For having to put $20 billion in escrow for the clean up and other damages caused by its oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Rep. Joe Barton of Texas apologized to BP for being required by the Obama administration to put up the cash, or else. "I'm ashamed of what happened in the White House yesterday," Barton said. "I think it is a tragedy of the first proportion that a private corporation can be subjected to what I would characterize as a shakedown -- in this case a $20 billion shakedown." I wonder if Barton would prefer that the American taxpayers bail out BP. Meanwhile, as an American, I'm ashamed that we have idiots such as Barton in Congress. I'd like to blame Texans for that. But we have an even bigger idiot from my home district in Minnesota. Her name is Michele Bachmann. Another sign that America is going to hell. --Jim Broede

No comments: