Monday, July 5, 2010

The definitions keep changing.

The initial impetus for my blog was to say what I couldn't say on the Alzheimer message boards. I had to follow the Alzheimer Association's ground rules. Reasonable rules. But not totally suited for me. I've always liked freedom of expression. For virtually everyone. But I also concede that there should be rules of decorum. And what's right for one venue may not be right for another. Anyway, I like the way my blog has evolved. I don't comment here much on Alzheimer-related matters any more. Only occasionally. And even then, my comments, for the most part, would pass muster on the Alzheimer message boards. Maybe it's that I've mellowed. Yes, evolved. Into a more gentle spirit. I'm constantly on the change. That's why I'm hard to peg. You may have an impression of me formed a year or two ago. But that's not me any more. I'm still a romantic idealist, a free-thinker, a liberal and a lover. But the definitions keep changing. They get more detailed. More meaningful. --Jim Broede

No comments: