Monday, July 19, 2010

Is it chance? Or predestination?

It's interesting how my day can be affected by little things. Little decisions. Such as when I'm out walking and I come to a circular road. And I can turn either left or right. If I turn right, I might be in the wrong place at the wrong time. And maybe an accident happens. If I had turned left, I wouldn't have been in that spot. I would avoid the mishap. Several years ago, I hit a deer while driving. Killed the deer. Fortunately, I didn't get killed or injured. But if I had been at the point of impact a fraction of a second later, the deer might have been tossed through the windshield and hit me and killed me. It's all in the timing. And maybe I survive by the grace of god. That same day, another driver in Minnesota hit a deer. And yes, the deer came through the windshield and killed him. One begins to wonder. Is it chance? Or predestination? --Jim Broede

No comments: