Friday, July 9, 2010

The way it should be.

Almost every day, I ask myself, what's right and wrong? I have no qualms about making those kinds of decisions. That's what life is all about. Deciding between right and wrong. And sometimes, it's not easy. There's no clearcut answer. Maybe it's easier for a Catholic. Maybe because the church spells it out. The church tells you what to do on so many moral matters. But I don't allow other people, or a church, to tell me what to do. I have to wrestle with the issue. Intimately. And come up with my own answer. Ultimately, I have to examine my conscience. I have to answer to my soul. To the core of my being. I have to be able to live with myself. And I don't treat people equally. Some people mean more to me than others. And they get preferential treatment. And that's the way it should be. --Jim Broede

No comments: