Monday, August 30, 2010

Anything I can imagine is possible.

Often enough, I'd like to have my way. Yes, I'd like to prevail. And make life proceed according to my dictates. But I know I have no right to be the supreme ruler. I ain't god. So I have learned to be one of god's subjects. I have to accept life pretty much as it is. Albeit, I do have some flexibility. I am able to make some choices. I can make some rather independent decisions. I can do the right thing. Or for that matter, the wrong thing. And more often than not, I may have no idea what's right or wrong. Which raises the possibility that maybe there is no right or wrong. Imagine that. God creating a world with no right or wrong. Which means we can do anything we want. But what if some of us decided that we want to usurp the role of god, and decide to declare what is right or wrong. What is a sin and isn't a sin? At times, I am of a mind to assume that there isn't a god. That all of creation just is. That it never had a creator. That creation always was. It had no beginning. And quite possibly, it'll have no end. And that life is no more or no less than consciousness. Or a figment of an imagination. That would make life boundless. Anything I can imagine is possible. --Jim Broede

No comments: