Friday, August 27, 2010

No brick wall for me.

Life is full of surprises. While riding a bicycle last night I became mesmerized. I felt so good. Such nice rhythm. I was cruising. My head down. That was a mistake. I ran into a parked vehicle. Saw it at the last second. Tried to swerve past it. But down I went. Landed on my shoulder and my right arm. A bit stunned. Took me a minute to pick myself up. I had deep abrasions on my arm. Bleeding. But I got on the bike again. Went another two miles. No broken bones. But I'm darn sore. On my right side. Above the waist. I consider myself lucky. It could be worse. Because I am still able to walk. So I will get my exercise today. Even walked two miles already. With a book in my hand. But I'm glancing up frequently. Don't want to slam into a brick wall. --Jim Broede

No comments: