Sunday, August 29, 2010

I keep out all doubters.

I have found Paradise only where one can find it: in my own little cocoon. Built with care. From inside my being. Paradise can be found only within the human soul/spirit.

"Totalitarianism is not only hell," writes novelist Milan Kundera, "but all the dreams of paradise -- the age-old dream of a world where everybody would live in harmony, united by a single common will and faith, without secrets from one another."

Kundera writes that, "Once the dream of paradise starts to turn into reality, however, here and there people begin to crop up who stand in its way, and so the rulers of paradise must build a little gulag on the side of Eden."

I carefully guard against letting anyone but my most trusted friends into my paradise. I keep out all doubters. --Jim Broede

No comments: