Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I'll make the best of it.

I'm hurtin'. Physically. Because 5 days ago I crashed my bicycle into a parked vehicle. Not good. Really banged up my right side. The shoulder. Arm. Ribs. No broken bones. But muscles, ligaments, tendons. All strained. And I'm getting muscle spasms. Yes, painful. But I refuse to stop exercising. Walking. Bicycling. Household chores. I think exercise is good. Even when one is hurtin'. Some folks tell me to rest. To stay in a chair. Or in bed. I can't live that way. I have to be on the move. Physically. Mentally, too. The body was made to be used. Use it. Or lose it. I biked 23 miles yesterday. And have biked 7 miles today. And hope to exceed yesterday's mileage. Maybe that's why I'm having muscle cramps. No pain. No gain. I'm really annoyed with myself. Not for exercising. But for being careless. The accident occurred because I was too relaxed. Mesmerized. By the motion of a speeding bicycle. Wish I could do it over again. But I can't. So I'll make the best of it. --Jim Broede

No comments: