Thursday, September 9, 2010

Just as good as being married.

It's sad that marriages break up. Makes me wonder if people ever really get to know each other. Instead of balancing each other and becoming whole, they divide. And go their own ways. Separate. Happens all the time, doesn't it? Half of marriages end in divorce. I suspect it's lack of communication. Lack of romantic impulses. Lack of true love. Yes, even lack of craziness. That's what real love takes. Insanity. But a nice kind of insanity. I've had one marriage. A good marriage. Ended after 38 years in the death of my beloved Jeanne. But that ain't stopping me from the pursuit of love. I don't know if I'll ever get married again. But I'll tell you one thing. I'm in love again. And it's just as good as being married. --Jim Broede

No comments: