Sunday, October 24, 2010

The small stuff doesn't bother me.

I like sports. As a participant. And a spectator. Because it teaches me how to deal with life. Like a game. You win some. You lose some. And even when you lose, there's something to be gained. It was fun. That is, if one doesn't take the loss too seriously. I used to angusih over losses of my favorite teams. Oh, I'm still disappointed. Like the way my Chicago Bears lost today. By grossly inept play by the Bears quarterback. So many ways the Bears could have won the game. Even with mediocre play. But anyway, I'm already over the loss. Used to be I'd be pissed. Upset about it for the remainder of the day. But now I write it off. After a brief moment of displeasure. And I remind myself that I have better things to do. Such as focus on my love life. And my good health. And my ability to put life in proper perspective. I try not to let the small stuff bother me. --Jim Broede

No comments: