Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The ultimate intimacy.

I wish I had a very keen mastery of language. The English language. It's the way I communicate. Not only with others. But with myself. My thoughts are put into words. Mostly English words. I know a little German. And a little French. But not well enough to communicate decently. And I'm gonna try to learn rudimentary Italian. But I'll never feel comfortable communicating in anything but English. It's far too late in life for me to master another language. And that's regrettable. Maybe the biggest regret of my life. Actually, I wish I did better with English. But I do well enough. To communicate decently. And I keep working at it. I'm trying to focus more and more on the language of love. Expressions of love. To be able to put my love emotions into words. Meaningful words. I think of myself as a romantic idealist. And a lover. But to achieve that lofty status, I need to find the right words. So that I can reach at least one other human being with my words. Love is best expressed directly to another isolated soul. In so very many ways. But certainly with words. I want to some day make my words the ultimate intimacy. --Jim Broede

No comments: