Sunday, October 31, 2010

I've gone absolutely bonkers.

I allow myself to believe anything I want to believe. Sometimes, just to annoy people. Especially true believers. People who will believe anything. I'm trying to prove that I can be just as idiotic as anyone. Like some of the politicians running for congress. Many of 'em from the Tea Party. Or the lunatic fringe of the Republican Party. When it comes to politics, nothing surprises me. I'm sure that some of the candidates belong in what used to be called insane asylums. Goes to show that we've become an open and tolerant society. We allow the insane to go free. To mingle with all of us. No discrimination. We are all free to pretend we are the reincarnation of anyone. Even Napoleon. And to be taken seriously by thousands, if not millions, of fellow crackpots. No idea is too preposterous. Everybody is allowed to create his/her own reality. No matter how absurd. Maybe it's that we have removed the word 'insanity' from our lexicon. And now everybody is to be judged sane. Rational. Just think. If we are all insane, then that makes us all sort of alike. That's our common bond. And that's the new norm. And the only true 'insane' being would be the one that's absolutely different from the rest of us. A true individual. To the best of my knowledge, that's me. I'm the only being on Earth who's normal in the true sense of the word. An individual. And everybody else is nuts. But that's precisely what makes me nuts. Because I'm the only square peg left in a round hole. I don't fit in. Because I refuse to be a robot. I know it's kind of confusing. But that's what I live in. A nutty, confusing world. Little wonder that I've gone absolutely bonkers. --Jim Broede

No comments: