Monday, November 1, 2010

Are we in hell or paradise?

I wouldn't play god. Even if I had the opportunity. It would be a far too daunting task. Yes, a task. To make so many, many decisions. But then again, maybe god's biggest decision was to make no decisions. To just leave things happen. Randomly. God created the world. Everything. And then withdrew. And just let it be. To never interfere. In that sense, god left the decisionmaking up to us. Individually. And collectively. My gawd. That's an overwhelming burden, isn't it? Or maybe not. I want to be free. Able to do the right thing. But I'm not sure what's right. So maybe I have to ask god to relieve me of all that responsibility. And to take charge. Maybe that would be much better than putting my faith and confidence in my fellow beings. Especially if they are corrupt politicians. Maybe that's being redundant. And all politicians are corrupt. Or still another possibility. Maybe we are all corrupt. We can't help ourselves. God made a mistake. And created us all with blemishes. I suppose we could choose to look at it that way. That would be hell, wouldn't it? Unless, of course, I thought I had discovered love. Real love. Genuine. Total. Unconditional. Then that would be heaven. Paradise. --Jim Broede

No comments: